23 March 1938, the government approved the fund for the construction of “Qemal Stafa” stadium

The Council of Ministers of the Albanian Kingdom, in the meeting of March 23rd, 1938, approved the place and the necessary funds to build the stadium in Tirana. Its work continued during the country’s occupation by the Italian fascist army and ended only after the liberation, on the occasion of Ballkaniada in summer of 1946. The stadium took the name of the National Hero Qemal Stafa.