The Albanian Gendarmerie was established on July 29, 1917, with the decision of the Ambassadors Conference in London. It was under the control of the International Commission and under the direction of foreign officers. With the arrival of Prince Vidi in Albania, he was put to the service of his government. After the First World War, with the restoration of the Albanian state, Albanian gendarmes were recreated. In May 1925, after the repression of the June Revolution, it was newly created and subordinated to the Ministry of Internal Affairs. In each prefecture and sub-prefecture, there was a commander’s office and every commune from a post-commander.