The first Albanian school in Elbasan opened on August 2, 1908. Even earlier, Kristoforidhi, Hysni Ceka, etc., had rooms for learning Albanian or using Greek schools for this purpose. There were 50 students who taught learning and writing. After the first step, Albanian schools were also opened in Zavalin, Gjinar, Seltė and Selcan. In 1935, the first Albanian school of Elbasan received the name of Naim Frashëri. Its students and teachers participated in the spirit band “Aferdita”, led by the teacher Ahmet Gashi.