On 4 July 1959, was set up the local radio stations broadcasting in Kukes. Subsequently, its broadcasting power multiplied and moved to new Kukës. On the tenth anniversary of the event, Radio Kukes was equipped with a new station. In that period his microphone reflected the life, economic and cultural activity not only of Kukës, but also of Peshkopia, Puka and Tropoja. Radio-Kukes programs were heard in and out of the country.